Monday, February 8, 2010

A New year, a New me??

Well, things this past week have been stressful, to say the least. I went to the dr and had lost even more weight (9lbs in a month) and so he told me that he wanted to see me in 2 weeks and if I hadn't gained any weight, he would put me in the hospital. Well, that scared me to death. I don't want to go in the hospital until I have the baby! I have been trying to eat as much as possible, and up until yesterday, I was still losing weight . I lost about 5 more lbs this past week, and then I weighed today and I had gained 1.5 lbs!! So exciting. I never thought I would get excited about gaining weight, but I am!!! I don't want a hospital stay.

I do believe my stress level has been part of the reason I can't gain weight. This weekend, I didn't have any stress, we had a relaxing weekend just spending time with the kids. However, today the stress is back, I am trying my hardest to not let things bother me, but I take everything to heart and I am finding that very difficult. However, today, a verse my pastor used came to mind and it was "Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy, without holiness no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14. So, today when something has come up that just really frustrated me and I wanted to yell, scream, say mean things, and get revenge, I have thought of this verse and it has calmed me down and I have held my tongue so I wouldn't say anything that would hurt anyone or make anyone think badly of me. It isn't that I want to please everyone, but I want to please God, God wants me to be holy and He wants me to set an example of what a Christian is. So, here's to a new me..I am still the same person, but I am chosing to watch what I say and do around others. I might still get mad about something and rant and rave about it at home, but hopefully by chosing to not get mad in "public" or say something that would hurt someone, hopefully they will see that there is a God out there and He is the only way to true happiness. Make sense?? It sure does in my mind.

So, we are all doing alright around here, no major sicknesses or anything...and we also found out the gender of our baby.......it's a BOY!!!! we are very excited!!!

No comments: