Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, I'm pretty optimistic that this year will hold alot in store. I am also optimistic that we will have some pretty fantastic moments. 2009 went out and I was so glad to see this year pass. We had some pretty trying times this past year, and all I can say is it can only get better from here. I am very happy to forget most all that happened in 2009 and try to keep that junk from happening this year.

Some exciting things are going to happen this year, I'm not sure what order everything will happen in, but I am positive on one thing...we will be welcoming Baby Buckner #4 into our family in July! We are so excited to not only welcome this child into our lives, but we are very honored that God chose us to be parents once more!!

I know some people aren't thrilled at the fact that we are having ANOTHER baby, but you know what? I DON'T CARE. It is not your life, you don't have to raise the child, you don't have to provide for the child, you don't have to have anything to do with the child if you don't want. I won't lose any sleep over it. I am the one chosen to raise this child and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Anyways, I have made a few new years resolutions, nothing HUGE, like losing weight or anything like that, because, well, being pregnant is not the best time to lose weight.

Well, life right now is pretty great. We enjoy spending time together just us as a family. If we aren't at home together, we are usually at church. There isn't any place we would rather be. I am very excited to raise another child to love the Lord as much as we do! We have a great church home and have made some of the greatest friends along the way. I know that God is working in us each and every day and couldn't be any happier. We recently took the kids to the Salvation Army for the Children's Department mission of Feeding the homeless. Yes, the roads were terrible, but we ventured out at 5AM and as an adult, I have never seen anything quite like it. Walking into the Salvation army it was person upon person trying to stay warm from the cold. We got to set everything up to welcome the homeless for a hot meal. We involved the kids any way we could. They got to see first hand, mommy and daddy helping others. The kids absolutely loved it. They loved helping others and them being there was a blessing to others because they were able to see that so many people care for them when they feel like they have nothing.

Anyways, We still have clean up to do from the holidays. School starts back up tomorrow. I better start getting everything together!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Congrats on the new baby! So much fun!