Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lazy Day

Well, last night when we got home from church, I told JD..."Fair warning...tomorrow is going to be a lazy day for me. I'm mentally exhausted." Well, for us, the past few days have been nothing more than cleaning, and going...We have had so many things to do, so today is just a lazy day for me. That is, after I clean...



Anyways, So let me tell ya, I absolutely LOVE my church. Last year (the last semster, if you will) we were in the "Crown Financial Study" class. That was such a wonderful class. It taught you to give everything to God, which is kind of obvious, since everything is his to begin with. I had never really thought about giving things like out TV, our furniture and material things to God. It has truly given me a different outlook on all of my possessions, and in going to the store. It is easier now to go to the store, because I look at something that I want and think "Is this something I want? or something I need? does God want me to have this? Will it benefit him?" So now, almost (and I say almost, because Hello, I am a woman and love to buy things) everytime I go to the grocery strore, the cart is filled with necessities, not junk. But, starting at the beginning of this year, a bible study called "The Truth Project" was offered, and we jumped at the chance to take this class. Our pastor is the leader of this study. It answeres questions such as "Who is man?" Our class last night was "Who is God?" It also asked "What is eternal life?" Such deep questions. This is a video series, and if your church ever offers it, I beg you to take the class. A passage in the bible came up last night about God being a "Jealous" God. When I think of someone being jealous, I think of envy, disdain, many negative things. However, we learned that it actually meant that God was passionate, and loving for being a "jealous" God. This is also the very reason that Oprah doesn't believe in Christianity. She went to a Christian church a while back and when she heard that God was a "Jealous" God, she didn't know how to react because she also thought it was a negative quality. She said she couldn't believe in a faith where God was "jealous." Anyways...just a plug for the class..it is amazing!



So, I went to the Dr on Tuesday, and anyone who knows my family history, knows that there are alot of health problems. Well, I never would have thought this, but I have high cholesterol. WOW! I'm 26. Then I learned that my husband also has high cholesterol, however, mine is higher. So now, I am expected to cook a low cholesterol diet (I don't know how to cook a regular diet) I looked into the "Cooking Low-Cholesterol for Dummies" book. I think that would be perfect for me. So..with all this being said. I am off to have my lazy day of playing with the kids, and crocheting. Yes, I crochet. It is very relaxing. So anyways, until next time! I will leave you with a cute picture though =)

No comments: