Friday, March 27, 2009

Barbies, Lungs, and Rain. Oh My!

Well, this week has been nonstop chaos. So, I dug out my old Barbies and let the kids play with them. Yes, Logan too. He did dress one Skipper doll, and then he found Todd, Ken's little brother and would not put him down. It was pretty funny to listen to Logan try to disguise his voice to sound...like a boy. He would speak in a "deep" voice and say, "I'm a Yiwwol boy." Yiwwol= Little. He has a little baby voice still. It is absolutely adorable. Anyways, Addison and Logan have had a blast. I also played, probably a little too much, but it was fun playing Barbies with my little girl.

Onto the lungs: Not mine, Kamryns. For the last week and a half or so, since Kamryn has had this nasty cough, I could swear that it was in her lungs. After numerous rants, JD would listen to her with his stethoscope, and say she sounded fine. Well, I woke up the other morning with her coughing stuff up. I called the Dr's office yesterday and they never called me back. So, this morning at 8:30 I called them back and they called me at 9:15 and said I needed to bring her in. I rushed around and got all the kids dressed and piled them in the car. Well, about that time, it starts pouring down. Have I mentioned I HATE driving? Well, Me + Driving + Rain = PANIC ATTACK. Yes, I am praying constantly "Just let us get there safely and in one piece." Well, the rain slacked up and my panicing eased. So, I get off the BA at Utica and there are 3 lanes, a left turn lane, a left turn/go straight lane, and a right turn lane. I am in the left turn/go straight lane so I could turn on Utica and go up to the drs office. Well, there is a car next to me, no big deal. My light turns green, I start going and then start turning, and what do I see? The HUGE SUV next to me (In the left turn only lane) trying to go straight. So, I put on my brakes and they look at me and pass like it is no big deal. I had a minor heart attack. (This was my driving experience today) Well, back to Kamryn's lungs. We go to the dr and he said she had fluid in her right ear, but it was nothing compared to her lungs. He gave us a prescription and said she should start getting better.

Well, last night I was reading Addison her bible and then we were working on her memory verse and she said it perfectly, So, I asked her where it was found (Matthew 17:20) was the answer I was looking for, and she said "I don't know" Then I said, "What book is it in?" Her answer "Mom, it's in the Bible." I guess I should have expected no less from her. I laughed for a while. And then we went in the bedroom to go to bed and I was praying with Addison and her prayer:

"Dear God, Help us to remember you, and everything that you did and everything that you do. And God, help us to remember Jesus and everything he did. And God, Help us to be good.....AND GOD, help us to be able to play with Barbies all of the days. Amen"

Oh it was so cute. Anyways, Mom is here, I have to run errands. This is it for now. Enjoy..Oh, no picture right now, I don't have time =) I will post one later.

No comments: