Thursday, March 26, 2009

Complete Randomness....


Well, the title says it all! That is what this will be about. Anything, and Everything.

Sunday, we had Logan's little birthday party. It was just Mimi, Papa, Aunt Becca, and us. It was nice. Logan ran in the house and immediately wanted cake. We made him eat first. He did great blowing out his candles. Only half of the cake got splattered with spit! I don't mind eating something after my child has gotten a bit of spit on it. Sounds gross? Well, he lived off of my nutrients for 9 months and then "expelled" himself from me in a very inconvenient way. (I saw inconvenient, because, who REALLY wants to be laying down on a hard bed, feet in stirrups and exposed for the world to see? If he can have an entry into the world like that, I think I can eat a little bit of "spit" cake. It was cookie cake. It was GREAT. He opened presents and loved every one of them. His 2 favorites are his robot from Aunt Becca and Uncle Derek, and his farm set from Mimi and Papa.


I thought back on it, and we have had someone sick for the past 6 weeks in our house. Crazy, huh? Well, Kamryn and Logan had their routine checkups this week. They are both growing. Logan, little by little, Kamryn ALOT. She is in the 50th percentile for everything. She is our biggest child...by FAR. Logan, is in the 5th percentile. He has only grown 1 inch in height and 2 lbs in weight in the past YEAR. Kamryn, has slowed down a bit. She is 17 almost 18 lbs at 9 months. Logan is 24 lbs at 3 years. Ridiculous.


I had one of those "What was I thinking" moments the other night. I was in bed, my husband was reading, and I wasn't in a reading mood, and he wouldn't let me watch TV because I am hooked on "Beverly Hills 90210" right now. The OLD SCHOOL episodes from 1990. So, I got out my senior book and started looking through it. Most of the memories made me laugh and smile. I had a great time in high school...despite the bickering. Then, I got to this picture...of an ex-boyfriend. I'm not going to name names...a small bit to protect this persons identity, and a HUGE part because I'm completely mortified I ever dated this person. We dated my Junior year in high school. I actually didn't like him the first few times I was around him, but then he kinda grew on me. He was definitely not a "looker" but he had a decent (?) personality. We dated for 5 months. I looked at this picture of this guy, and immediately shoved it back into the book, which made my husband grab it. He laughed at me. I understood why. "What was I thinking?" I have changed sooo much since my high school days. It has been 8 years since I graduated. Those were some fun times. I really enjoyed some of the comments left in my book, and then realized that some of those people have changed alot, and some are no different than they were 8 years ago. Some...are in jail.


Well, onto Wednesday night. Church was awesome. Addison's teacher bragged on her and how well behaved she was and how great she was doing with her memory work. It made Mama proud. Our class is still "The Truth Project" dvd series. Last night, was pretty much about governmet. I learned ALOT that I didn't know. I kinda knew that the basis of the government back in the day was God. He was the foundation on which the government was built. The don't teach that in school. Just to see how much the government has strayed from its original position is remarkable. I also learned that the study of law was based on God and faith in God. Then. Charles Eliot was appointed the President of Harvard University and he appointed Christopher Columbus Langdell as the Head of Law and Law was changed forever. It was no longer based on faith in God and God, but was now based on Charles Darwin and Evolution. Langdell said that law evolves as people do, and WE (the people) have the right to say what is right and wrong. It is baffling to think our country was so stable and grounded way back in the day. Now, our country is falling apart and people have lost sight of their faith. It was said in our discussion that if it took only 1 man to change the history of law, then can it take only 1 man to change the direction of our country and get our foundation on faith back? Interesting, huh? The original charters and constitutions state an Acknowledgement of God's authority and recognition that the state was subject to and accountable to God. WOW!!! I personally think that our current leaders and others who have contributed to the country's downfall, should be held accountable for straying from the original statements written down way back in the day. Just my little rant and rave for the day.


Well, to go back to the beginning of this post, I thought we were all well. Kamryn has had a little cough since she had her throat infection. Well, I have come to realize that my kids always get a cough after they have an infection. I got Kamryn out of bed today to see her face covered in green snot. Then, she coughed...and out of her mouth came green mucus...YUM! I have a call in to the dr, but haven't heard anything yet. So, since I am still WAY behind on housework, I have to get off of here and do my chores. Anyways...gotta find a good picture to put on here.

1 comment:

Lora said...

That is an adorable picture of Kami! She looks like the Michelin Tire baby! Give hugs and kisses to the kiddos from Aunt Lowa!