Friday, March 20, 2009

Driving

Asleep at dinner time.

Well, one thing I absolutely HATE is driving. I think I am a good driver. I usually never go over the speed limit. I used to, but since I have kids, I try to be as careful as possible. I usually stay in one lane, unless the car in front of me is super slow, or I have to merge, or something. Today, my husband forgot his lunch. When he does take his lunch, he usually forgets it. Go figure. I got this nice phone call from said husband and this is the conversation.




Husband: "Go walk out into the garage"
Me: "Is my new car out there?"
Husband: "You figured it out..."
I walk into the garage and turn on the light.
Me: "Ok, I'm in the garage."
Husband:"Ok, now walk over to the trashcan."
Me: "Ok, I'm at the trashcan."
Husband: "Now, look by the gas can, please pick up my lunch and put it in the fridge."
Me: "Ok..."
Husband: "I actually remembered to take my lunch out of the fridge today, but left it in the garage. Do you want to bring it to me?"


Ok, so it's not word for word what was said, but it was along those lines. I agreed to take him his lunch because I had other errands to run. I head over to the eye dr to pick up my contacts and they were already closed for lunch. I go ahead down Elm and get on the BA. Let's start right there with the driving. BA streets are...let's just say, not normal. They zig, they zag, and curve, in any random place. I am getting on the BA, so once you get past 71st, the lane turns into a turn lane and 3 straight lanes, and then the 3rd straight lane turns into the turn lane to get on the BA. I know this and have since it has been that way. As soon as I can get over, I do, and then I stay in the same lane. It irks me sooo bad when someone doesn't get over when they can, and proceed to speed up and try to get in front of everyone that is trying to get on the highway. Just drive the right way, and you get on, no problems. Well, I assumed this trip over to dear husbands work would be just like normal. Boy, was I wrong. It all started after I got on I-44. Around Yale, the traffic started getting heavy, and it was oh, 12:05..No big deal. I get over in the "fast" lane because I HATE the oncoming cars trying to merge, and then they slow down to a complete stop...Well, here I am...Semi in front of me, and semi behind me...TRAFFIC...not just slow going, but bumper to bumper, not going more than 5 MPH. I actually have time to get on the internet on my phone. I don't do that while I am driving, but when you are at a standstill, what else can you do? Well, around the Harvard exit, I call my husband and tell him it will be a while. That was around, oh, 12:17..yes, 12 minutes to go from Yale to Harvard. This is where I realized I have a fear of being on a bridge/overpass, and it crumbling underneath me. I had a semi in front, one behind, and one next to me. It was not comforting. Well, We are still slow going...I assumed it was all slow because of the construction around Riverside. That was part of it, the other part, was right after Riverside, right when you are getting onto the bridge, and there was a wreck. I thought it would be a big wreck because we were down to one lane and still, going slow, no, it was a run of the mill rear-ending. WHAT!!?!?? It took that long to get from BA-Tulsa for a wreck...Crazy. Finally at 12:38. I was leaving the husband's work. Yes, 33 minutes to get from Yale to just past Riverside..So I turn around and head home, having a few other errands to run. I made it home from EVERYthing in the time it took to go from YALE to RIVERSIDE. It drives me up the wall. I try not to have to go anywhere because I don't like to drive. I don't trust other drivers. I know I try to be as safe as can be, but they don't. They don't care who they cut off or what not just to get someplace 5 seconds faster. It bugs me..Anyways...enough of that.




Logan is getting better. His fever got up to 103 for 2 days and then we went to the dr and it turns out he has a double ear infection. He is on antibiotics and is getting better. Then, Addison woke up with a bloody nose this morning. It finally stopped and she is fine. I have had enough sickness to last for the next 10 years. I am still behind on my housework. I am trying to catch up, but look at me, on here, blogging. Oh well, I will have time later to do it. Let me leave you with a picture though...


The birthday boy....we didn't have any candles...

No comments: