Thursday, March 12, 2009

Here goes...

Well....It's official. I have "The Crud." I don't know what else to call it. I have a runny/stuffy nose, headache, fever, aches, sore throat, drainage...etc. It SUCKS!!!! However, I am able to do all of my household duties, although it is taking a bit longer than usual. My nose is raw from blowing and wiping it. I can't stop coughing. I am miserable. I just got done with the kitchen. It is all clean after being let go for the past few days. I hate just letting things go, although I love it at the time, I hate it afterwards. I have been doing laundry for the past 2 days. I hate having to do things when I am sick. I miss the days when I got to stay home from school and be pampered...get my soup brought to me, covers, got to watch whatever on tv..and usually got a little something special (new coloring book and crayons.) Boy, those were the days. Now, its take care of everything while being sick. I don't really have time to take care of myself. I don't like that. Well, that is enough complaining about being sick. I can't really change it, I just have to deal with it.


Anyways...Church last night was simply amazing. I don't fully comprehend everything that is taught to me, I guess because it is so overwhelming. The thing that really stood out to me was after the video was over, our pastor said "When you have The Holy Spirit in you and you put your hands on someone to pray, God's hands are touching that person. You don't just have a part of Him in you, it is all of Him. Infinity." I have never looked at salvation and prayer quite in that concept. I was never taught to lay your hands on someone to pray. I was baptist, we never did that. If you have ever had someone lay their hands on you and pray over you, the feeling is out of this world. It is almost like you are sitting on the Lord's lap and He is telling you that everything will be okay and not to worry. I am constantly reminded of God's grace and mercy. In my old church, I remember that we did communion every 6 months or so, and our pastor would say "If you are not right with God, or with others, you should not take communion." I always thought there was something wrong with that saying, and I remember hardly ever taking communion because there was rarely a time when I was fighting with others or I had sinned and not asked forgiveness. I always thought.."No one should take communion because no one can be right with God and everyone else all the time" Now, Having changed denominations, no longer a baptist, I am seeing my relationship with God open up and blossom, and I am starting to understand things that I have never understood before. Our pastor says before communion (every Sunday) "You don't have to be right with God to take communion, you take communion to make things right with God." How wonderful that is, to be given the opportunity to take the Lord's Supper and pray at the altar with everyone, other than watching a few people go down to the altar to make things right, while everyone else pretends that things are right. Another thing that was brought to my attention was when you do things (give, pray, lead) in the name of the Lord and do it and get recognized, that recognition is your ultimate gift. Yes, God cares what you do in his name and it is welcome and needed, but when you do things not for recognition, your ultimate gift awaits in Heaven. Anyways, last nights lesson was an eye opener and it just made me realize how much I am blessed to be given a church family that cares so much and is there with open arms and is ready to welcome anyone. I thought for a while that I would never go to church again after being treated terribly at my old church. I'm not saying it was everyone else's fault and not mine, I played a part as well. After I made some mistakes, I was never welcomed back with open arms, I was shunned. So, I made excuses for years not to go to church. God is still here with open arms and so is my new church. I have found my place and am so excited to be in this new journey of my life and in my walk with God.


Well, laundry needs to be switched out, it is time for me to go finish cleaning...while sick...bleh.
Attack of the Giant Baby!

No comments: