Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh Goodness...


Well, where do I begin? I thought this neverending sickness was winding down. Boy, was I wrong! Last week, Kamryn started getting a runny nose, no big deal. Then, the nose got stuffy. Again, no big deal. THEN, she got a cough. Here I was thinking, no big deal. Then, it sounded like she was coughing up a lung...BIG DEAL.... I called the pediatrician's office and left a message for the nurse. She called back within 30 minutes, which is a little unusual. I told her what was going on and she said "Well, it sounds like it could be RSV or Bronchitis, so you need to bring her in, she probably needs antibiotics and breathing treatments." I made an appointment, and immediately started panicking. I called the husband and he said he would meet me at the dr's office. We saw Dr Daley and he looked in her ears "Perfect!" Then, he got to her throat..(dum dum dummmmmm) "That is not a good looking throat" He swabbed her throat, and came back and said it wasn't strep!!! Yay!! It is just a normal, run of the mill throat infection. He gave us a prescription for antibiotics and sent us on our way. Thank goodness it wasn't anything more than that!! We went to Reasor's and got the rx. I love Reasor's for their antibiotics....because they are FREE!!! She is slowly getting better, she still has a pretty nasty cough, but the fever is getting better and so is the nose!


Now, on to the husband. He has had some allergy/sinus/respiratory thing going on the past month. He gets so sick where he can barely function, and then gets better. Well, he is on the part of the sickness where he can barely function. His dr at work gave him an antibiotic today, so hopefully he starts getting better soon.


I am doing fine. No sicknesses, the other kiddos just have runny/stuffy noses. No biggie!


Umm...What else to write about? Well, Lent is going on. I decided to give up a few things this year. I decided to give up red meat..which is more difficult than I thought. It seems like everything I crave has red meat, so therefore, my diet has been oreo's and milk...I know it isn't healthy, but it is the one thing I crave that isn't red meat. I also gave up shopping. That is also difficult. That means I can't stop by the store and pick up what we need. It sucks, but I am on my 3rd? week and still going strong. Yesterday I took out the Pork Riblets from the freezer and decided to cook them. Anyone that knows me KNOWS that I am not a good cook. I found a simple slow cooker recipe and decided to try it out. It cooked for 3-4 hours and I went to check on it....and SUCCESS!!! The meat was falling off the bones, it was tender and oh so tasty! I was shocked. Anyways...That is really all I have to write about now, I have errands (NOT SHOPPING) to run soon and need to get ready for! Enjoy the pic of my new haircut!!

not a great picture...but I got 5 1/2 inches cut off...it is now shoulder length

1 comment:

Lora said...

Super cute haircut and YAY for you cooking! Way to go, sister!!!