Monday, March 30, 2009

Pictures????

Well, this weekend has been a bit, well, different. There is no other way to describe it. Friday, I took Kamryn to the Dr, and picked up her prescription and started her on it. Addison went to spend the night with Mimi and Papa. It was just The babe and The Bub. We had a decent time. Addison and Logan are so close in age, that they play well together, and fight with each other. It was nice to have a break from the fighting. Well, Kamryn decided she didn't want to sleep AT ALL. So, at 7am, I put her in bed and shut the door (not to be mean, but just so I could get a little nap) went in my bedroom and shut the door and turned off the baby monitor. I got about 2 hours of sleep. Then, I looked out the window and see the massive snowflakes. That is pretty much how we spent Saturday. After JD got home from working, he took Logan to get a hair cut. We just spent time relaxing. Then, comes Sunday. Sunday School was cancelled, so we ended up not going to church. JD had to work, so he left around noonish. Well, Kamryn still wasn't feeling or sounding good. So I called our insurance nurse line. I didn't want to bother our pediatrician, although he is always as pleasant as can be after hours. Well, I told the nurse everything that was going on. She gave me a few symptoms to look for and said if these happen, to call 911. Well, some of those were happening, but Kamryn was still being pretty pleasant, especially for only eating once all day and not sleeping. She ate about 3 oz around 10, and this was around 1. Well, the nurse said to call the pediatrician. I call the answering service and they paged him. He called back in about 10 minutes and I told him what was going on and he said "Ok, well, you need to take her in. If the antibiotic (which is one of the strongest ones you can get) isn't working, she probably needs to be hospitalized." I asked if Urgent care was fine, he said yes. Well, I am upset by this point, and I get off the phone with him. I rush around to get a little makeup on my face and get all 3 kiddos dressed and ready to go. I had to go pick up JD and drop the kids off. Well, to make a long story short. We took her to BA Urgent care. They did an RSV test and a chest xray. If your baby has never had a chest xray, consider yourself lucky. It was very traumatizing, for me and Kamryn. Well, the tests came back, RSV was negative and the chest xray showed fluid in her right lung. He changed her prescription and sent us on our way. Well, I am still concerned today as Kamryn slept until after 9 this morning. I had to go wake her up, and it is 10:42 and she hasn't eaten anything. She hasn't eaten in over 15 hours. Her chest sinks in when she breathes and she is salivating excessively. I have a call in to the dr, so we will see how that goes. I realize now, that my title doesn't quite fit the description of this blog, so I guess I will put plenty of pictures of the kids up. Here ya go!!!
The kids after church.

Watching a 3-D movie with Papa

At the new house riding her stick horse.
Kamryn before she got so sick.
Kamryn swinging at the new house.

No comments: